Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's next to go wrong?

Last week my mobile phone broke. The week previous to that my computer broke...

Last weekend I had some real bad luck with my bank account, where lots of money went missing due to a mishap at a shop. Luckily my bank managed to sort it out and my money reappeared in my account.

Today I came into work to find a note on my desk:

"Please phone the Swedish- Chinese travel agency. Urgent!"

I phoned them and got told my trip to China next month has been cancelled!

I sat down and nearly cried. Pretty much everything that could go wrong has done so in the last month. The travel agent apologized profusely, then asked if I wanted to join another trip to another destination instead?

"I want to see the Terracotta Army!" I burst out. "I want to go to the Xian province or not go at all!"

Then I asked if I could perhaps do the trip at a later date instead?

"Sure" the lady said "I can schedule you in for a trip in March."

March?! 6 months away?! But then it slowely sunk in: I could move to the new flat without panicing of not getting done before the China trip (unless the flat falls through - I don't seem to have a very lucky month). I could save up some money (the computer melt down, broken mobile and future move is costing me a fortune).

And then she told me that the exact same trip in March next year would be a substantional bit cheaper, wish means I can prolong my stay in Beijing 4 nights for the same price! Yippie!

Thank god for a happy ending every now and again. But apologies for not getting you any of the stuff from China for Christmas that I might've been promising you...