Monday, September 29, 2008

underwear

A girl at work had a piece of red ribbon poking up from under her top today. I told her so.

"Oh" she said " it's the bow on my bra" and tucked it back under her top. This made me think about underwear:

About ten years ago I was a bit obsessed about buying nice, lacy, frilly, pretty underwear. Anything I saw in a magazine that I liked I had to get... I had a bra in each colour and one for every occasion.

Funnily enough, at the time I used to looove to buy lovely underwear I was going out with a guy who used boxershorts he'd found on the beach (it's true!!!), inheritaged from friends and his dad! Ha ha, from one extreme to the other when I think about it.

However, those days are long gone and my co-worker's little red bra-bow made me feel old today. These days my priorities are comfort. I don't have a pile of different colours for different occasions - well apart for period pants that is (all girls will be nodding understandingly here and all boys will think "too much information, Dana"!).

Is it an age thing? Or is it letting myself go? Perhaps it's a different kind of fashion now than 10 years ago? I don't know. And I don't care. It's saving me a fortune of money that I can spend on my new obsession instead: dresses!