Monday, September 15, 2008

I did some cooking

I have just eaten the best lasange I have ever done. (I'm not saying it's the best lasange ever - because no lasange in the world can beat Diane's wonderful lasange). But it was the best I'VE made.

It started off with me buying a huge pack of mince meat thinking I should do some serious lunch box cooking for work. And so I started frying the mince only to realize I had no onions at home... And what is a mince sauce without onions??? I got a bit pissed off but felt too lazy to go to the shop to buy some. And so the experiment began.

I wish I could repeat what I threw into that pan, but I seriously have no clue. Et voila - it turned out delicious!

And because I so obviously had a great cooking day I made a fish pie too - also gorgeous, and here is the recipe:

loads of baby spinach
a tin of chopped tomatoes
a box of cherry tomatoes
a tin of mussles
a dash of white wine

throw all the above into a pyrex dish and add fish - I used frozen haddock.

Add salt, pepper, chili and herbs (oregano, thyme, sage etc)

Add mashed potatoes on top of it all and finish off with a layer of cheese.

Chuck it in the oven and leave for an hour.

Yum yum!