Friday, September 5, 2008

me-time

Some people I know like having people around them all the time. This amazes me as I'm the complete opposite.

A lot of people need "me-time", but very few people seem to understand just how much me-time I need. Some call me a recluse, but quite frankly I couldn't care less. I know what keeps me sane, how to recharge my batteries and how to unwind.

I accept friends who want to be surrounded by other people all the time, so I do struggle with those who doesn't respect my need to be alone at times:

One of my friends has been phoning me about three times/night for the last 4 nights. It's been really late, I've been in bed and had early starts the following mornings. I sent her a yesterday text asking her to phone earlier in the evening or send me an email, whereas I got a text message back saying "I'm just going to keep phoning until you get fucked off enough and pick up your phone". Now that doesn't make me very enthusiastic or wanting to talk to her, does it?!

Today I took a day to myself to recover from a rather tough week at work. Booked myself into a whole day at the spa where I treated myself to a hot stone massage and a pedicure. Then I had a stroll around town before going to a restaurant and treating myself to a nice meal before heading home again.

I have had my phone switched off all day and not spoken to anyone apart from the waitress at the restaurant. I've had the most wonderful day, I feel relaxed and content. So why do people get annoyed with me having days like these, I wonder?