Sunday, September 7, 2008

Soon back to normality?

I just ordered a new laptop. A Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Si 2636-001. So there, all done and dusted, decision made and I feel relieved.

It's amazing how restricted I've been without a functional computer these last few weeks:

For example, just finding information about a new computer has been really difficult, ironically enough. Walking around the shops there has been little information about the computers, and the salesmen have been telling me to "look on the internet for details"...

Also I was about to join an organisation for rented flats (hyresgästföreningen, you English guys wouldn't believe it if I explained it, but it is a great if not necessary organisation to join when in disagreements with your landlord).
I phoned up and asked them to send me the leaflet to fill in to join. "you can fill it in on the internet" the woman answered.
"difficult" I replied "as my computer has crashed. Please send me the papers in the post"
Later she phoned me back. "sorry, we can't send it in the post, you need to fill it in on the internet".

Forget nuclear weapons - if you want to fuck a country up just mess with their internet!

Anyway, next week I hope things will get back to normal. Fingers crossed everybody!