Friday, September 26, 2008

Going Green (Part 1 of 4)

Let's dial up the nerdiness here... a while back, I had an idea for the Green Lantern Corps which could never ever be officially made--the gist of it was to populate the Corps with aliens from various science fiction franchises. And even though it could never be officially produced, I still drew up a bunch of character designs. Yes folks, this is how I choose to spend my free time.

These sketches were done quite some time ago--for the first installment, a Skrull and a Wookie:


As you might notice, these are blue pencil sketches, hastily inked and colored with marker. I basically just wanted to get these down on paper, rather than stress out over them. I'm not trying to make excuses though--that Skrull's foot is terribly contorted and way too big. The next installment will be better, promise.