Friday, January 23, 2009

what a start to the weekend

I have had the most wonderful week at work.

It's been hard work and busy busy busy, but productive, lots of great results and last but not least FUN!

I have worked long hours and sorted out some real hick ups, interviewed new members of staff and attended meetings with curators, doctors, nurses and organized staff training days. You get my drift I'm sure?

And today I sat at home and worked all day. Sorted out my departments finances, wrote some memos and made about a thousand phonecalls. Then, about 3 pm I walked up to work, made some photocopies, printed out my memos and checked all the different money boxes for staff and patients. Then I had a meeting with a curator at 6 pm before heading down to the pharmacy.

... And then my dad phoned. Asked how I was doing. I said I was great.

"Are you going home already?" my dad asked.
I said I was on my way to the pharmacy (for work - no private errands of course!), but then I was going home.
"I have had the bestest week at work" I continued. " I really love my job!".
"Don't go and ruin it then" he said sharply.

I asked him why he'd say such a thing. Did he think I was? He said no and told me he just didn't want me to "fuck it up".

I said people usually say things for a reason and hence I would very much like to know what his reason for saying that was.

He got angry. Said it was meant as good advice. I hung up.

I had to go for a walk for over an hour to calm down. What a great way to start the weekend... How is it he always manages to insult me soooooo much?