Saturday, January 17, 2009

a different kind of new year

New year's eve I had to work. Noone, apart from a part time girl, wanted to work and so I said I'd do it. I told the part time girl that we'd make the BEST new years party ever for our patients, and so we did!

First of all we decorated the kitchen :


One of our patient's made beautiful place cards:

I cooked a three course meal - smoked salmon and horseradish starter, fillet of beef and potatoes au gratin with a side sallad as a main:

Of course the office had to be run as per usual too, and my co-worker took this picture of me running in to the office to answer the phone - party hat on and all! :-)

After our meal we ventured upstairs to the TV room where both staff and patients enjoyed dessert and a good old sing song with PS2's Singstar:
It really was a great night! We sang and danced til midnight:

In all honesty I would've loved to have the evening off, but it was definetely one of the best shifts at work ever! I do love my job. Well, I think the picture above says it all really, doesn't it?