Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dana, the early riser

Christ all mighty. Today I had to get up at 7 am.

I can't even remember the last time I had to get up so early. For some strange reason the cats kept me up half the night - Kif by trying to sleep on my face (I think it's affection but perhaps he is trying to smother me to death?) and Tylor by jumping up and down on the bed, purring and dribbling whilst rubbing his teeth against my ear to wake me up, then running off again to scratch the wardrobe door.

Then, around 5 am Tylor decided to puke in my bed, under my duvet right by my stomach, bless him, poor boy.

So, needless to say, I had a rather disturbing night and then to top it all off I had to get up at the crack of dawn. The reason for this was a seminar I had to attend. I met my colleguages and our boss outside the building and felt surprisingly fine...

... I had a cup of tea and a sandwich in the lobby and felt surprisingly fine...

... But then we sat down to listen. And I couldn't keep my eyes open!

I tried to move a little on the chair. I tried focusing. I tried doodling in my notepad. In the end I tried pinching myself real hard. Yet my eyes would constantly close. And eventually I fell asleep!

My plans for today were to go into town and do a few errands after the seminar, but I felt so tired I went straigt back home instead. Once inside my flat I wrapped a blanket around me in the settee and fell asleep for a good three hours. Kif fast asleep on my legs and Tylor ditto on my chest.

Tomorrow we're not getting up until 9 am as per usual. Thank god. Mustn't forget never to get up at 7 am. Never ever again. The whole day gets ruined!