Thursday, January 22, 2009

A day as a cat owner

08.30 Kif decides that I should wake up and cuddle him. He therefore lays himself across my throat and puuuuurrrrrrssss!

9.00 My alarm clock rings. Tylor crawls up from under the duvet and puuuuurrrrssss, tossing and turning on my chest.

9.30 I'm out of the shower and so Kif and Tylor are IN the shower (to drink the warm shower water left in the bath tub).

9.40 Breakfast for me. Tylor sits on the newspaper to make sure he doesn't miss any food I might drop. Kif runs around like a racer car playing with rope he loves so much.

10.00 Whilst putting my make up on in the bathroom Kif sits on my shoulder, playing with the mascara brush. Then he opens the bathroom cabinet with his paw to steal a cotton wool bud that he plays with in the sink. (yes, he steals one EVERY morning).

14.00 Whilst shopping for work at a DIY store, I buy a shelf for their climb/scratch post I'm building.

16.00 I pop in for 15 minutes to have a cuddle before going back to work. Both cats greet me by the front door and Tylor jumps on my shoulder and puuuuuuurrrrsss. Kif runs straight to his favourite toy (yep - the black rope) and carries it to me.

21.00 Back home. I flop on the floor and we all have a cuddle before I make myself a cup of tea. Kif drinks quite a bit out of my cup. Tylor runs around like a racer car chasing a toy rat.

23.30 I brush my teeth with Tylor on my shoulders. He plays with the toothbrush (again - EVERY night!) and with the water as I wash my face.

Midnight I go to bed. Kif comes straight away and gets in under the duvet with me. ON my chest. He falls straight to sleep. Tylor joins us about 15 minutes later.Tylor gets in under the duvet and lays himslef right across my legs. He falls asleep.

And so the next day begins, pretty much exactly like the day before. It is lovely being a cat owner. At least to Kif and Tylor it is!