Wednesday, January 7, 2009

tossers at the doctors!

I went to have some blood tests done today. Sat in the waiting area for over an hour whilst one poor nurse was running back and forwards with tests, paper work and god knows.

When it was finally my turn to meet the stressed out nurse it turned out my doctor hadn't emailed her the details she needed. She was searching the files on her computer frantically when I offered to go and find my doctor and get him to sort it out. Meanwhile, I suggested to the poor woman, she could take the next patient waiting. She said thank you and off I went.

After finding my doctor I returned and knocked on the nurse's room. Asked if she had time to see me straight away as I was running really really late for work. She said yes and soon thereafter I had a needle in my arm.

She put the needle in perfectly. Never seen anyone do it so good before, and therefor told her so.

Her eyes filled up. Said she'd never met anyone so kind and positive like me. She said most people had been coming in shouting at her for having to wait so long in the waiting area. It turned out her colleague was off sick and she was working for two. She hadn't had time for a toilet break let alone grabbing something to eat. She told me about how she wanted to the day to finish and go home and have a cry of exhaustion cuddled up next to her dog.

And then she thanked me again, all sincere and weepy eyed. I was horrified. Poor poor woman! I said I was really late for work, but could come back in an hour or two with a sandwich for her if she wanted. Then she gave me a hug and said her friend was on her way already.

But surely to god everyone in that waiting area could see how stressed out she was, running back and forwards? Surely they could all figure out it wasn't HER fault they had to wait for their turn? How DARED they have a go at the one person who were helping us out and putting our needs before her own?

This place is full of wankers. And it makes me really really angry.