Saturday, January 10, 2009

getting married

Despite the headline I am not getting married.

However, I promised myself a long time ago that if I ever was to get married I would never take the man's surname unless he had a really nice, unusual name.

My ex's surname is Willis. "Dana Willis" didn't have a nice ring to it at all. But my boyfriend before him is named Liddiard. Such a nice name and how lovely "Dana Liddiard" sounds. However, marriage was never on the cards with mr. Liddiard of course...

... Once a few years back I was invited to one of those fancy balls and got placed next to a man named Brotherhood. We sat down and introduced ourselves to eachother:

"Brotherhood?!" I cried out "Marry me please!"

Needless to say the poor man looked pretty chocked and never really seemed to get over my initial frase of greetings, ha ha.

Now why am I blogging about this, you might be wondering?

Because I came across some of the most beautiful old Jersey names today whilst sorting out huge piles of paperwork. And how I love those names!


De La Haye

Le Brocq

La Maistre

Etienne

L'Efant

So if you happen to have a single male friend with one of above surnames - please give him my phone number! :-)

Dana De La Haye - admit it sounds great!?