Saturday, January 3, 2009

different kind of exercise

Yesterday I had a day off, and so I decided to venture out and do some errands that I've put off for quite some time.

I took my shopping trolley (yes, like your grandma used to have!) and went to a pet shop to buy a massive bag of cat food. With a little help from the shop assistant we managed to get it into my shopping trolley. Then I saw they had a special offer on cat litter... And just HAD to have a huge bag of that too! Down it went into the shopping trolley. Barely.

Getting home was a different kettle of fish! I struggled to get the shopping trolley on the bus. And off the bus. Not to mention to get it up the stairs to my house! But home I got in the end and was pleased with the purchases.

I emptied my shopping trolley and ventured out on the bus again. This time to the DIY-area Kungens Kurva. I bought some brackets for some wall shelves, extension cords and other bits for the flat.

On my way back to the bus stop I just happened to walk pass my favourite shop Wilma's where - surprise surprise - there was a sale on... 3 dresses later I walked out of there with a big smile on my face and a big hole in my wallet.

And then I realized I could really do with some grocery shopping whilst I was out and about. Needless to say my shopping trolley was pretty full already and I needed lots of things. So I carried on shopping - groceries, loo rolls, toiletries, you name it.

Then the same scenario started again. I could barely get my shopping trolley on to the bus - and this time I had the trolley and a couple of shopping bags. The bus was jam packed. I irritated quite a few passengers with my ungaily convoy of shopping. Then I irritaded them a bit more when I tried to squeeze pass them to get off the bus.

Back home I was exhausted. But what a productive day! So today I have everything I need to get pottering around the flat. I think I'll start in the kitchen and work my way around the flat.