Thursday, January 15, 2009

evaluation

My appraisal/evaluation at work as a team leader:

Dana has a good leadership role and shows her leadership unmistakably in the team. Most of the staff group shows her respect, listens and follows instructions but there are a few who don’t in the same extention.

Dana quite often turns to her boss for feedback and exchange of ideas and updates her boss on a regular basis. By doing this it gives both parts an excellent opportunity to give each other both positive and negative criticism and update eachother. Dana shows a strong, genuine interest for her job and for the individual patient’s needs.

Her communication methods with the staff varies to a high extent depending who she is talking to and what they talk about. If she speaks with a person who often disagrees with her or disrespects her she makes a strong point of her leadership role in a positive manner (even though the staff member might not see it in the same way).

She is very clear as a leader, but is the nice kind of leader which is both positive and negative. Some staff members try and take advantage of this.

Sometimes Dana takes too much on. She has a very busy job and doing too much at the same time might lead to concequences in the future. The staff group might expect her to take on more and more if she continues to work in the same speed she does now.

There is a good team spirit in the group when it comes to getting the job done, but one can clearly see that some members of staff do not get along. This is very noticeable during staff conferences when certain staff always argue with one and other or avoid looking at eachother.
Today I got the above appraisal about me and my team from an external evaluator (is that even a word I wonder?). I'm well chuffed actually!
The one thing I do not agree with is that some might take advantage of my kindness... Ha ha, for those of you who knows me will not agree either I'm sure! :-) I'm pretty good at putting my foot down when needs be.
However, I do take on too much at once. Mainly because I enjoy it so much. And it is something I need to get better at not doing.