Monday, January 26, 2009

Jeez!

I'm not often lost for words.
But today I was left gobsmacked.

You see, I have started to order my food/groceries online. It costs 85.- (£8) to get it home delivered, and I love the fact that I don't have to carry flour, cat litter, washingpowder and other heavy stuff home.

And so today I was due a delivery between 7-9 pm. I fell asleep in front of the telly around 7pm and got woken up by the doorbell.

I jumped up. My hair was sticking out. I had taken my tights off under my skirt and so my hairy legs were on display. I opened the door and told the delivery guy where to put the bags of shopping.

I saw him looking into my livingroom and down the hallway before entering the kitchen. He asked me if I lived here on my own?

"well, not exactly" I said, pointing to Kif and Tylor who were happy to see a visitor as per usual.
"big flat" he commented. "Really nice place, you look like you're doing alright for yourself!"

I laughed a little - not quite sure what to say.

" you seem spot on really - can I ask you something?" he continued. I just looked at him.
"can I have your phonenumber? And take you out for a coffee?"

I still didn't know what to say or how to respond. My usual "I have a boyfriend"-comment didn't even appear in my head. I just stared at him in disbelief and finally said "what on earth is your name?"

He introduced himself and handed me his phone and asked me to put my number in his mobile.

And I did!!! I don't know why, but I was so shocked I seemed to have lost all common sence.
Then he left. I stood there and wondered about what he'd said:

"Do you live here on your own? Bif flat. Nice flat. You seem to have done alright for yourself. Can I have your number?"

Now, about 30 minutes after he's left my flat, he's already texted me about a coffee date. I don't drink coffee. And not with a cheeky delivery guy. Suggestions, please?!