Wednesday, August 6, 2008

shopped til I dropped

I went to buy a new rug today.

As the cats looooove my old living room rug they have completely demolished it. So I've decided to place that ruined one under my bed (because the cats looooove it and I can't face throwing it away as they enjoy it so much) and simply buy a new one.

In all honesty I have promised myself not to buy anything new until I go to China in November. But a new rug really was a must. And then I found this ad on the internet about a clearence sale and my friend and I decided to go after work today. A new rug on half price - perfect, I thought!

I found a rug straight away. It was only 400 SEK (£30), off white and perfect in size for my living room. Then I found a beautiful, Morroccan coffee table. I bought that too. And a lantern. And a huge african basket that I instantly knew would look lovely with my big palm tree.

I also found three gorgeous wicker/wood baskets for shoe storage. And two straw hanging baskets for the bathroom. And a bed spread out of this world! Oh, not to mention the fab lamp and the salt and pepper shakers...

... Thank god my friend had her car! We filled her boot and back seat (yes she did some serious shopping too) and all of a sudden I was nearly £200 poorer. But a hundred times happier!!!

Now my living room looks fantastic. The cats does not seem to like the new rug (hurray!!!) and loved helping me unpack all my bits and bobs. What a great evening!