Wednesday, August 27, 2008

difficulties - real and imaginary

You know when you're having a bad day and nothing seems fair? Imagine if you had that feeling every single day of your life? And no matter how much people acknowledged you and praised you you'd still feel like a victim. It must be a horrible feeling!

At the moment I'm having to deal with one of those people. I ask myself how I'd feel in her situation, but at the same time I'm having a hard time symphatize. Why is she always right and everyone else wrong? Why is she feeling so damn sorry for herself? Why does she see herself like a victim in every possible situation? I don't understand it.

I'm not saying I never feel sorry for myself - I quite often do! But then I shake it off, tell myself tomorrow is another day, and if things doesn't change, well then perhaps I need to change myself or my surroundings!

Now I have reached a point where I seriously don't know how to approach this person. I find it hard to be professional around her and quite frankly I'm tired of all the whining. Today we're having a meeting and I'm worried I will lose patience...

... I try my best to be a good boss, but sometimes it's hard. Increadably hard.