Saturday, August 30, 2008

more cat talk - beware

I know some of you are getting bored with all the cat talk here on my blog. But seeing today is my boys 3rd birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIF AND TYLOR!) I think I'm allowed to dedicate another few lines to them:

Having indoor cats are proving to be quite a lot different to having outdoor ones (which my previous babies have been).

First and foremost my previous cats haven't been interested in toys at all. If real mice, rats and birds didn't count, of course. But these two boys looooove their toys!

Kif's favourite is a plastic stick with a bunch of feathers at the top. Sometimes he picks it up and places it in my lap (now there's a hint if there ever was one) and seems to be saying "please play with me!" which I'm always happy to oblige to.

Tylor loves a little laser tourch. It turns into a little red spot on the surface shone on, and Tylor loves chasing the little red spot back and forwards, round and round. It amazes me slightly as he obviously never catches it... But each to their own, as they say.

Also these cats love company in a way my previous ones hasn't. I know part of it is because of their breed, but I also reckon it's to do with the fact that they can't go outside and play. And it is truely wonderful to be greeted by two cats as I opend the door after a long day at work. To have a cat in my lap and one on my shoulder constantly. To have company when making the bed, when doing the dishes, lying in the bath or watering the plants. Tylor sleeps in my lap as I watch TV and Kif sleeps on top of me at night. They are faithful companions.

This morning (read middle of day) Kif got annoyed with me sleeping too long. After numerous attempts of waking me up he jumped up on the window sill and pushed one of my plantpots on to the floor.

I saw him doing it. We even had eye contact as he did it. He placed one paw on the window and the other on the plant pot and pushed. Slowly and deliberately.

I have always said the cats can to anything they want in my flat as long as they leave my plants alone... But I couldn't help but laugh, turned around and fell asleep again. Kif gave up and came into bed with me.

I guess we could say we both won that battle. But quite frankly they could get away with murder. I just love them too much to get annoyed!