Thursday, August 14, 2008

new times

Tomorrow is my birthday. Not all that special as it happens once a year without fail, but yet tomorrow is a very special day...

1994 was my first birthday spent in Jersey. And I have been there for my birthday ever since. Not a birthday since 1994 has been spent without friends from Jersey, and over the years it became tradition to go for a drink or three surrounded by a good crowd of people on the 15th of August.

But not this year. This year, for the first time in 14 years I'll be spending my birthday away from the rock. It might not seem significant to you, but it is. It is most symbolical to me - it is the first time since leaving Jersey I've accepted that I no longer live there.

And tomorrow will be spent with friends living in Sweden. And I'm looking forward to it!