Monday, August 11, 2008

A few weeks ago I had people around for dinner and made a dish I hadn't tried out before. It was a bit like a paella, but with quinoa seeds and salmon instead of rice and shell fish. It turned out lovely!

Tonight I fancied having that very same dish for tea and got cooking. But I had run out of quinoa, so I replaced it with cous cous.

I threw in the cous cous, lots of herbs, cherry tomatoes, big chunks of fennel and bite sized pieces of salmon all in a pan and put the lid on.

10 minutes later I smelled something burning. The cous cous had stuck to the bottom of the pan and resembled charcoal. I managed to rescue the top layer of the concoction, but 10 minutes just wasn't enough time for the fennel to soften, so those chunks went into the bin.

The meal - or what was left of it - wasn't too bad. But christ all mighty I'm dreading to clean that pan!