Monday, October 20, 2008

this is blog number 100

Today I have had another lot of acupuncture.

My doctor is a very quiet, polite Chinese man who doesn't answer my questions (and I have a million) but just smile knowingly and gives me the feeling I should know the answer myself.

I tried to count how many needles he put into my body today - I think it must have been 27 on the front, then about 10 in my back. Of those 37 needles only 3 hurt.

And one hurts like hell every time he whacks it in. I don't understand why that particular spot in my left hand hurts so much - he places a needle in the exact same spot in my right hand and I can barely feel it.

I asked dr. Wang about it today. He smiled his knowingly smile and said "see you Friday, yes? 2 pm yes?"

The weirdest thing is that I have complete faith in him. I trust him whacking those needles into me. I trust his judgement when he -last week - gave me a bottle of pills and told me to take 16 pills per day! This is not like me considering I have an urge to know everything, but this bottle has a label in chinese and I haven't got a clue what they contain or even are meant to do for me.

Now I am awaiting results and hope that the treatment will cure my "autumn depression"/tiredness. So far all that's happened is that I need to poo at least 4 times per day!!! Very odd. I asked dr. Wang about that too - he just smiled and said "good". And so I guess it is.