Tuesday, October 7, 2008

the devil's invention


Today I have recieved 18 text messages on my work phone. I have sent 20.

I had 5 incomming calls, 4 outgoing calls and 8 missed calls on that very phone.

The reason for the 8 missed calls is due to holding a conference for 3 hours, then attending another meeting for 2 hours, during which time I was unable to take phonecalls.

People often wonder why I don't answer my private mobile or phone them more often. The above facts are the answer.

Today, despite having told all staff my whereabouts, the phone has been going nonstop. And if I don't attend meetings they phone twice as much. It drives me insane. When I get home I switch that devil's invention off and only turn it on when my next shift starts.


It's nice to rest my ears inbetween shifts. It would be nice not to get an ear tumour due to the mobile phone constantly glued to my ear. And peace and quiet is wonderful. Truely wonderful!