Wednesday, October 29, 2008

moving update

It's something weirdly satisfying about being exhausted.

For three days in a row I have unpacked boxes, sorted out wardrobes, cleaned kitchen cupboards, put up shelves, filled holes in the wall, sanded things down and organized paperwork.

I am pooped. Completely knackered. Every muscle in my body is aching after lifting, carrying and god knows what. And it feels good! It's a physical kind of tiredness. I go to bed at night and fall asleep sooner than I can say "good night".

Today I did trip no. one to IKEA. I shall count how many trips I'll do connected to this move - bet there will be a few!

Tomorrow a man is coming to give me an estimated price to wallpaper my bedroom and paint my bathroom. Friday I'm off to buy paint for the livingroom. The kitchen and hallway will just have to wait...

I don't want bookshelves for all my books. I'm thinking of either hide them in a low, long sideboard or put a long row of wallfitted shelves just under the ceiling all around the livingroom to get them out of the way. What do you reckon? Ideas anybody?