Monday, October 20, 2008

Having fun with conte!

Here are more from life drawing class this past week..As I was drawing these, my main objective was to just simply have fun drawing with the conte by using different edges from really soft to hard.
I've just been so uptight with my self lately with work and other projects.I needed to get loose and draw more intuitively--I find that there's more ease and pleasure when you draw without worries :) and still keeping in mind of the fundamental structure of what you're drawing.
But really I think if its practiced more often, those fundamentals will just flow out of you more naturally, because its already embedded in your technique and methods..hope that makes sense.
These are from 1 min to 10 mins...

I've also started getting back into painting with gouaches and will post those soon :)


<3 Kei