Wednesday, October 1, 2008

a bit of a chop

Yesterday my hair got chopped off. A girl (friend of a friend) was to do a hairdressing exam, and so she needed models.


Knowing me - always jumping at things like that - said "do whatever you want" and then she decided on doing a hairstyle I've dreamt about having for about 3 years. (My hairdresser has refused to cut it like that as she says it won't suit me and that it's an ugly hairstyle).


But then the poor girl chickened out. For three hours I sat in that chair waiting for her to chop it off, and all she did was take a few inches off my hair, comb it for a while, cut a little more, and comb it even more. She was sooo nervous, bless her. Then, after three hours she asked me if I could come back next week and let her continue the cut then.


So for now I have kind of a bob which is rather round on the right side and square on the other. A friend at work cut a few uneven strands off this morning as I had bits of hair that she'd missed....


Things you do for science, eh?! But I'm sure it'll look good when she's finished. IF SHE FINISHES, that is, of course.