Sunday, October 26, 2008

new house

So I am finally in my new flat! Exhausted, tired, happy and satisfied with the day.

We started at 10, picking up the removal truck, and then we carried stuff as per usual. We were done by 4 pm, in my new flat with boxes pretty much everywhere. The cats (especially Tylor, bless him - Kif just had a ball even though a bit confused) were stressed out and even though we took it in turns to be with the cats in the kitchen, where they were locked in, it felt good to leave them alone in the flat for a bit to calm down.

So we ventured out again with the removal van. Drove off to a neighbouring area where I'd found a couple of arm chairs on eBay. I hadn't seen them so it was a bit of a chance buying htem like that, but I'm well chuffed! They are beige/brown, 50's armchairs in extremely nice condition. the cats like them too... Hope they don't shred them too much!

Now Tylor has had a good old cuddle, Kif has helped me unpack some stuff and I am soooo ready for my bed! (or shall I say settee? My bed arrives on Tuesday.)

I love my new home. As soon as I have found the camera in one of the boxes I'll add some photos.

Sorry about the spelling on this blog - I just had a beer and it went straight to my head. And tasted amazing! :-)