Friday, May 8, 2009

yep, I did have a fit!

The builders left after 6 pm last night. And still no bloody floor in sight.

I asked what would happen. The guy said "someone" would probably turn up today (Friday) and sort it out. I sighed, but kept my calm.

Today I left my house at 8 am. No builders had arrived by then, but I tried to close off the hallway (leading in to the bedroom and bathroom) so that the cats would have room to move about without getting a chance to sneak out, were the builders to arrive.

All day at the course I attended (and what a course!! I loooove it!!!) I worried about the cats. Had they snuck out with unattentive builders? Were they OK?

I got home just after 5 pm. No builders in sight, but the floor boards were in place. But only half the skirting boards! And there were packs of floor boards still blocking my kitchen. Sacks of sand blocking the hallway. Big binliners full of trash piled around the livingroom. Tools (sharp ones, not suitable for laying around in a household where there are cats). They hadn't returned my keys, but no note told me when they were planning to come back.

I was tired. Felt like crying, but told myself it was OK.

Then I noticed two black handprints on my newly whitepainted wall. I was livid. And then, as I went into the bathroom, I noticed they'd used my toilet! And left the toilet seat up!

I lost it. Had a fit from hell. Phoned the manager, who of course had finished work for the weekend. I tracked him down via google, and got hold of his private mobile number. As there was no answer I left a rather unpleasant message on his answer machine.

Two minutes later he phoned back. Apologized profusely and said he would sort something out. Then he phoned back another 2 minutes later and told me the guy who'd messed things up today will come tomorrow (even though it's Saturday!) and won't be leaving until he's finished.

Good. But I won't believe it until I see it.