Monday, May 18, 2009

the manager meeting

Yesterday I had a friend around for a late lunch. When she left my stomach started to hurt more than usual. By 8 pm I was in agony.

This morning it was even worse. I couldn't stand up straight. I went to the doctor, and sent a text message to my colleagues saying I wouldn't make it to the manager meeting we had planned this morning.

When I left the doctor's (with pain killers and stomach pills of some sort) I checked my mobile phone. There was a reply from one of my colleagues saying another manager was on her way to pick me up.

And as I looked up, there she was. She gave me a big hug and said "right, we're taking you to the Emergency unit. This has been going on for too long and we're all worried about you."

I burst into tears. How wonderful they all are!!! I explained I'd been given medicine and that I would give it a try before rushing off to the A&E. My colleague said OK and drove us off to our conference room.

There they had made warm, lovely soup for me.

I am truely blessed with being surrounded by wonderful, caring people.