Sunday, May 10, 2009

the drunken idea

During last night's BBQ a wide variety of subjects were talked about:

  • the taste of ecological wines
  • should we go blueberry picking together in August?
  • wether to buy new furniture or not
  • how to make carrot marmelade
  • the pro's and con's with living in Stockholm
  • hair extensions
  • our jobs

The list could be made endless. However, the more wine we consumed, the more we started to talk about relationships and men. Shiler and Kamil are married, and their view on married life was really interesting to hear. Sofia and I are single, and of course we talked about the difficulties of meeting a descent man.

It could well have been the wine talking, but I came up with an idea: what if Sofia and I asked our friends to find us a single man to go on a date with? Someone they'd think would suit us?

Say I have 20 friends here in Stockholm. If each and every one of them were to introduce me to one man each, I would have 20 dates awaiting me without having to make the slightest little effort of being on a man hunt!

I think it sounds kind of fun, if nothing else. So suggestions on your single, mature and pleasant male friends please!