Friday, May 22, 2009

update (and a cat story in disguise)

Still in bed. To cut a long story short I spent Wednesday in A&E where they did all possible tests and found out what's wrong with my stomach.

I was given a presciption on morphine tablets and the pain is now bearable. Also I've been given tablets to cure the thingiemagig in my belly. Yesterday and today were spent in bed as I still feel quite weak.

And the cats... Well, these cats:

Yesterday they were overwhelmed with the fact that I was in bed all day. They snuggled up to me and reeeeaaaaaally made the most of the opportunity of cuddling the whole day.

Today it's a different story:

Tylor is still being faithful, even though not as impressed as yesterday. But he is obedient and lies next to me purring soothingly. He's making very clear he does this for me and is not at all interested in a cuddle himself really. I mustn't stroke him or his tail starts whipping.

Kif is booooored. He jumps up and down on my stomach (because he's noticed he gets a very quick response by doing so!), screams as he runs up and down the bed in something I interpret as "well come on now you lazy bugger! Chase me!". He takes great joy in chasing my toes or fingers as soon as I move them. Licking my eyelids as soon as I close them is another safe bet of getting my attention, he's figured out.

Tylor is defending me and telling his brother to piss off. Kif is enjoying this tremendously.

Needless to say I have live entertainment in bed. They are wonderful, make me laugh and I love them dearly. I just wish I could be slightly more bright and alert to enjoy it all.