Sunday, May 10, 2009

the end of the story

The carpenter did turn up yesterday. I refused to get out of bed and open my front door when he ringed the door bell. Thought "as he took my house keys with him when he left yesterday he might as well bloody use them".

He rang the bell a couple of times. I stayed put in my bed. The cats too, giving me moral support to the fact that I made the right decision not to get up.

When he finally used the keys and let himself in, I screamed "Good morning. I'm still asleep!" to which I got a non-definable grunt as an answer. I figured he was in a bad mood (probably from having to go into work on his day off), thought it served him right and went back to sleep.

I woke up by the sound of the front door closing and the noise of a set of keys being dropped off into my letterbox. I smiled to myself as I got up and checked the livingroom. It's all done and looking pretty damn good.

Now I'm waiting in aticipation for my new settee to arrive!