Sunday, May 17, 2009

holy smoke!

At 7 am this morning I woke up with the feeling something was seriously wrong. I found it difficult to breathe. Then I smelled the smell of something burning. It was intensely strong.

I threw myself out of bed, thinking I'd forgotten to blow the candles out before going to bed last night. Soon I realized it wasn't coming from my flat, but someone elses.

To be woken up like that freaked me out, and before I gathered my thoughts I will admit I was flapping a bit. However, after calming myself down and starting to think clearly, I figured the smoke in my flat was coming from a neighbouring flat's fireplace. You see, the fireplaces in my building mustn't be used as the chimney has cracked, but sometimes an old biddie does anyway. And then the whole house fills with smoke.

I opened the bedroom windows to get some fresh air. My lungs were about to explode and I got my inhalors out. I haven't had to use them once this year so far, but this most certainly triggered the good old asthma. (In all fairness I'll admit it's this time of year it starts every year. This year it just got kick started a bit!)

I went back to bed. Closed my eyes and tried to get my breathing in controll. Then I remembered what I'd dreamt just before waking up:

I was out walking in the woods somewhere. The sun was shining through the branches and I was happy. Then I heard childrens voices and soon saw two boys carrying a third boy, slighly younger than the other. The two walking boys were carrying duck tape and a plastic bag as well as the young boy.

All of a sudden they put the plastic bag over the young boys head! I told them not to play with plastic bags, as it could be dangerous. All three boys laughed and said it was just for fun. Then they got the duck tape and cellataped the bag tight around the young boys head! And the boy was choking!

Hmmm... The smoke making me not being able to breathe combined with watching an episode of CSI the night before obviously had serious effects on my subconsiousness!