Wednesday, June 18, 2008

what day is it really?

I woke up by the phone ringing. Judging by the signal it was my work mobile, and I staggered up searching for the damn thing.

Needless to say - by the time I found the phone it had stopped ringing. Still half asleep I tried to get the key lock off to see what time it was. A horrible thought struck:

Didn't I have someone to interview today?! And didn't I tell her to give me a bell as she got on the train so I could meet her at the station? Shit shit shit!

The key lock just didn't want to unlock. I started to sweat. I wondered HOW late I was for this poor girl's interview? But then it did unlock. And it said 20:45.

8.45 pm? How was that possible? Had I slept the whole day and evening straight through? I started to panick - the poor girl must've been waiting for 8 hours! But then I remembered... I put my head down to rest a bit when I got home from work today. I must've fallen asleep straight away. The interview with the girl is tomorrow. It is still today.

Talk about being over worked.