Tuesday, June 17, 2008

great friends and coctails

I had a horrible day at work today. It has been a whole week of it actually… Arguments, sickness, poorly patients… You name it. It has been happening this week.

Today I was nearly in tears with exhaustion:

I was meant to leave work at 6 pm to meet a friend for a drink after work. I haven’t finished on time once for about two weeks, and today it felt important to me that – for once – I could leave at 6 pm. But oh no. Staff didn’t turn up on time, so there I was, alone with some patients waiting for someone to come and do the staff changover.

45 minutes later I could leave work. I.e 45 minutes late for the meeting with my friend. I wanted to cry. Truth be told I had a little cry on the train on my way into town. At the bar, my friend and her friend were sitting sipping some drinks, so I went straight up to the bar and ordered a Sol with lime. And then we ordered another round.

In true Swedish style we then left the bar, went to the corner shop to get a hot dog with mashed potatoes, stuffed our faces and headed towards a posh little place nearby to continue the alcohol intake.

Sipping our strawberry coctails in one of Stockholms nicest bars with the most amazing view and in great company I started to feel human again.

And now it’s late. I’m tired but rather happy and content. It’s amazing what a bit of socializing can do!

More strawberry coctails to the people!!! Surely it would make the world a nicer place?