Friday, June 20, 2008

Tård - to be or not to be?


I love cats. I love cats more than pretty much anything else, truth be told.

When I was 16 Misak came into my life, and it was true love at first sight. Misak and I were best friends, but sadly he passed away a few years ago - aged 17. Noone who hasn't had a cat will understand the bond that can develop between you and a cat. Misak REALLY was my best friend: when my ex Nick and I visited my dad (where Misak lived) Nick complained about my bed being too small for himself, me and Misak. So I got a matress out and let Nick sleep on the floor. Misak and I always shared the bed - and no man was going to change that!


Now my dad has a new cat - Aaron. Aaron is for sure my dad's cat and not mine - they love eachother and Aaron literally beats the shit out of my dad's shoes when he tries to put them on... Anything to stop my dad from leaving home!

But when I visit Aaron sleeps in my bed. He curls up in my armpit (preferably with his bum facing my face unfortunally), purrs away uncontrollably and we cuddle until I fall asleep. Then he moves down to the end of my bed and sleeps there. But as soon as I wake up he's there in my face, purring like a lunitic.

Now there might be Tård. I saw this ad with a fat, white, curly Devon rex named Tård who's looking for a new home. I knew instantly that Tård and I belonged together, so now I have emailed the owner and am awating an answer.

Fingers crossed... Soon there might be Tård and I?