Saturday, November 13, 2010

Philippine Fashion Week Spring Summer 2011

It was Philippine Fashion Week Spring Summer 2011 and I was there to cover it. I really didn't want to go fangirling (over celebs and famous fasyown personalities) so I didn't take that much photos. I attended most of the shows but I was too lazy to take a snap of them. haha. I didn't even document my outfits for the week and all I have are these:
1. [With Vins, contributing fashion writer of blah.ph during the Wharton/ Paperdolls show by Rajo Laurel and Kate Torralba] - blazer from dad(lol) , DU Manille animal print top, Forever21 scarf, Zara pants, DM boots, Coolmax bag.  2. [Cocktail party at Cesar Gaupo's show] Leather jacket with leopard-ish textures(thirfted), Mental longsleeves polo, PRP pants and DM boots. 3. [After the Oxygen show]  Handpainted poncho jacket, black Topman shirt, Forever 21 turtle necklace, Human pants, DM boots. *Thanks to Howan, Vins and Jed for the photos. :]

Ok, so here's a quick recap (only from those I have photos of). There were a lot of impressive young designers [read: Kermit Tesoro, Enrico Carado, Xernan Orticio, Don Protasio and more] but among the local brands, SM Department Store was one of those which didn't fail me with their new collection. The store has been consistent since the "revamp." 
At the Paperdoll/ Wharton show. Kate, you are so cute! And meet my new lover, Mark Whittington! Rarr! haha. Rajo wasn't there, hence the mask.
 Met Alex Mendoza, brand director of Penshoppe. The show really amazed me with that 3D catwalk. nice. :]
Lee had this university "competition" where young [student] designers from the four major universities were trained and made them design a collection for PFW. UST, for me, made the best collection.
Why does this collage seem to be super lowres? These are from different collections [Lee].
The PFW's finale show for this year was Cesar Gaupo's.
Joey Espino had his speech, for the first time, during the last show of the week. He usually does this in the opening show.
Cesar Gaupo deserves the standing ovation he got from audience. With the expensive choice of fabrics designed in such a classic, sophisticated way, a dress or a pair of heels from the collection is surely any lady's must-have. And, of course, it's Cesar Gaupo! :]

That was it! 'til the next season! :]