Saturday, November 13, 2010

loveliness

The other day I had some very good news. You see, I have been ill for some time, but after the last trip to the doctor's I got the all clear. Good news indeed.

I celebrated by treating myself to sushi after the dr's apt. And whilst eating my sushi I sent a text message home to share my good news. I recieved a message saying "Damn good news. we should celebrate tonight!". I thought nothing more of it, finished off my sushi and did some errands around town before heading home.

But as soon as I came home I found the mr. by the cooker - making the most amazing dinner. There were beers in the fridge. A bunch of flowers on the dinner table. Chocolates for afters... So thoughtful! Such a wonderful treat!



We had a lovely evening. Like most evenings really, but in a different kinda way. And posh dinner and beer on a worknight doesn't happen every day for sure. I'm not used to being pampered like that. I think it almost topped our roadtrip last weekend, where we went to see the eminent Ed Harcourt. That says alot.

Good news, yummy food and lovely, wonderful thoughtfulness all in the same day. Who could ask for anything more?