Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kif's box

After moving flat a couple of years ago, I had a couple of banana boxes standing on the floor for a couple of weeks, full of knickknacks I didn't know where to put.

The cats really loved the boxes. And so I couldn't face throwing them away, but kept one for them.

But boy those banana boxes are ugly. To stand having an ugly box in my flat, I dressed it in a funky wallpaper that matched the bedroom interior. And the cats loooooved it...

... For a month or so.

So yesterday I decided to throw it away. Placed it in the hallway so that I wouldn't forget to take it out with the rubbish. And as soon as I'd done so, Kif was there like a shot. Jumped in and out of the box. Scratched it, talked to it, licked it (well, hey, it's Kif we're talking about here. He licks everything, remember?!).

"what a peculiar toy! never seen this before! wonder what happens if I scratch it?"

"stop mocking me. I'm enjoying my new toy. leave me alone"

"my precoious!" picture perfect or what?!

Needless to say I have an ugly banan box dressed in wall paper standing in the hallway now. I just can't face throwing it out. Again.