Friday, November 12, 2010

I don't like it!

I'm in a situation where my working life collides with my private life. And I do not like it. Not one little bit.

I am a firm believer of keeping private life and work life apart. Mixing the two would be like asking for problems. That has been my motto and my work ethics, which I have stuck to since god knows when.

So, for years and years I have gone to work, done my job, and gone home. Sure, I have told co-workers about my personal life. But nothing private personal. And sure I have told private friends about work - but nothing private regarding work. I believe in respecting privacy as well as promices of secrecy.

And now the two worlds of mine have been mixed up. All due to people who cares about me, I'm sure. People who perhaps are scared to ask me directly, or perhaps don't have the same look upon keeping work and private life apart. However, whatever the reason, I feel completely violated and betrayed.

Am I being silly for wanting the two parts of my life not to be entangled? Am I being paranoid? I don't know. I just wish people spoke more with me rather than about me. It would make life less complicated.