Wednesday, June 17, 2009

someone give me a break

Today was an eventful day to say the least.

Got up at 6 am. Went into the city for a seminar day for the leadership course I'm attending. This finished at 4 pm.

Between 4-5.30 pm I sat making phonecalls for work, then started walking towards other end of the city.

6 pm I met my colleagues for a combined meeting/meal in a lovely restaurant. (I had a huuuuge steak witch didn't agree with my stomach but was well worth it!). It was a productive meeting but I was so tired my eyes were aching.

9 pm I returned home. Cuddled the cats for a few minutes whilst trying to pack up my bed settees cushions etc.

9.30 pm a buyer came and collected the bed settee. (yippie! Got rid of my old settee after just two days out on e-Bay!)

10 pm I finally got to come home properly, cuddle the cats and then Tylor decided to throw up. Not once but twice. So I gave him water in his special, favourite bowl. He drank it all and threw up the water too. I paniced. Phoned their previous owner Anna at 11 pm (after checking on FB that she was still up).

She really calmed me down. Told me to monitor and wait for a while. And even though I knew it was the right thing to do (and I know why he was throwing up too, but still! Poor baby!) it was soooo nice to hear her say it.

Now it is 1 am. I've been up for 19 hours and am knackeed. But Tylor has been running around playing for a while, and then lying in my lap purring and dribbling for half an hour so I feel calm.

In this very moment he's gone to eat. I will stay up for another hour to see that he doesn't throw up again.

Thank god I'm off tomorrow. I might just sleep all day and only venture outdoors for a massage in the afternoon.