Friday, June 19, 2009

midsummer's eve

Today is Midsummer's eve!
Midsummer is a big bank holiday in Sweden. Tradition has it we're supposed to dance around the pole, sing songs and eat loads of pickled herring, chives in sour cream and new potatoes. Preferably with boiled eggs.


However, the weather is usually crap, and this year was no exeption.

I was working all day, and we managed to do some garlands of flowers (very traditional!) and eat some herring, eggs and all that jazz. Well, I didn't, because I don't like it, but staff and patients did.


The rest of the day was spent in the office, writing stuff, drinking coffee and making sure all is up to date.




Once back home I hoovered the flat, gave my flowers a good rinse down in the bath and finished my essay that was due in today.
Not a very exciting day, but there you go.