Wednesday, June 24, 2009

blisters, biscuits and balcony

The last few days I've been using a pedometer to see if I walk as much as recommended. I don't, of course.

But today I walked to IKEA - a walk which according to the roadsigns were 7 kilometres. On my arrival at IKEA I looked at my pedometer. According to it I had been walking 2,7 km, something I knew wasn't right. However it said I walked around 11000 steps, which sounds about right I think? (I should walk between 10-12000 steps per day).

The weather was amazing - really warm but slightly breezy which was lovely. During the walk I passed horses and sheep, gorgeous little summer huts in the middle of this strip of forrest I walked through.

Just before IKEA I walked pass this pet shop that I've read about, called SEA. I popped in to see what they had in store. And came out 10 minutes later with my whole backpack full of lovelies for the boys: catgrass, dried fish treats, super fatty biscuits for skinny Tylor, vitamin drops and catnip drops. I'm such a sucker! :-)

My walk resulted in three blisters on my right foot, and so I decided to take the bus back home. And since I was taking the bus back home I might as well see if I found something in IKEA...

... Which I did, of course.

Back home I showed the boys all my shopping, and the dried fish treats went down a treat! We spent the afternoon on the balcony sunbathing and sleeping in a bundle of lazyness. Heaven.

(and if this text sounds weird it's because I'm watching the new episode of "so you think you can dance" on telly whilst writing. I looooove this show!)