Thursday, June 25, 2009

books, balcony and bechamel sauce

The day was spent working (on my day off), sunbathing a bit, reading my book, talking on the phone and doing loads of errands around town.

I have long known that I love the sun and the heat more than most people - I even loved it in the Attacama desert where the locals thought I was "loco" for being out walking in the 45-degree heat. But I love it, love it , love it.

Today has been warm and really rather hot on my balcony. So much so that the cats have chosen to lie indoors!!! My cats are light weights!?! I thought cats were known for sunbathing like noone elses buissness? I might have to rethink about coming back as a cat in my next life if that isn't the case...

However, dinner was made today again (i'm getting good at actualy cooking again rather than buying ready made food. Well done, me!) Today I made an even stranger concoction for dinner than the last thingie I shared with you here on my blog, but it was looovely so I thought I'd share this recipe too with you:

I made a normal Bechamel sauce (i.e. flour, butter, milk) and added lots of lemon juice, coarse lemonflavoured black pepper, salt and Tabasco sauce. To that I added crayfish tails (yes I do love it and eat lots of it), corn and peas and left to boil a few minutes.

That lovely concoction was then poured over spaghetti, and it was YUMMY! Give it a try, why don't you?