Thursday, June 11, 2009

scary hairy

I went to have my eyebrows tinted and shaped today. Usually I do it myself, but every now and again it is nice to have a professional looking after my unruly eyebrows.

She (the beautician) started plucking. Then asked if she could use a thread to get rid of all the small hairs. I've only read about this technique before, and was keen to try it. It worked wonders.

Then she asked me if I wanted her to get rid of my moustache too. I didn't really know I had one, but said yes as it was obviously there if she wanted to remove it. It hurt like mad, and judging from the hairs that went flying up my nose, I must've had a mega growth on my upper lip.

Then, without asking, she continued to remove hairs from my chin! Surely to god I didn't have hairs there too? But yes, judging from the pain as she removed them there were plenty of them...

When she stopped, asked if she should remove the hairs from my cheeks too I had to put my foot down. I might be hairy, but I'm no bloody santa claus!!! She made me feel as if I shouldn't leave the house in the mornings without shaving my face.

If there are hairs on my cheeks they can stay there, god damn it.

Oh, I forgot to mention my eyebrows are looking absolutely gorgeous though...