Monday, January 25, 2010

am I being silly?

For those of you who have been moaning over too many cat entries in this blog: stop reading this text now!

One of my cats - Tylor-  throws up approximately twice a week. The vet says this is completely normal. However she finds my boy a bit skinny, but not unhealthily so.

I do worry. Not because of his throwing up, but the fact that he throws up unchewed food. Whole pieces of biscuits. I told the vet I worried that Tylor had something wrong with his teeth. He did not. I worried that he had something wrong with his cardia - appearantly this is "very unlikely on cats" according to the vet (yes, I know... The nurse in me should not apply human disorders onto my pets, but sometimes it's hard not to).

Tylor does is fastidious when it comes to food, which doesn't really help my attempts of fattening him up. He likes dry biscuits sometimes. Very expensive deli ham. Salmon sometimes. Dried minced fish sometimes. And that's about it. Believe me, I have tried eveything under the sun - I have googled on stuff to tempt your cat with, read all the books I could find. Asked breeders and cat people. But he's not having it.

Like some of my patients (I know, it's the nurse in me speaking again!) I reckon too much focus on this food thing might make Tylor even more reluctant to eating well, so I try something, leave it for a while, then try something else...

... Now, I wonder if anyone out there that I haven't already asked have any ideas or suggestions to what I can do to fatten my boy up? Or suggestions for me to stop worry, perhaps? I don't know which one is needed the most...