Thursday, September 3, 2009

wonderful vibes

One of my friends is moving to Exeter in a couple of weeks time. She was accepted at Exeter University quite a while back, and was lucky enough to be offered a place to stay with a distant relative of hers.

I spoke to my friend today, only to find out that something had happened with the relative's private situation, and my friend was no longer welcome to stay.

So there she was, my poor friend. 2 weeks away from moving to another country and enrolling a post graduate course pretty much straight on arrival - and nowhere to live! I told her I would ask around if any of my UK friends had any contacts in Exeter.

I emailed a bunch of good friends, and 27 minutes after my email I had a reply from my beloved friend Lynda. It read:

Hi Hun, Well would you believe it- i'm in Exeter right now with work! Isn't fate an amazing thing?!
Kelly who i'm here with now has given me a number for her boyfriends parents-who own a B&B, how weird life can be:). So maybe your friend can stay there first.
Kelly has now called her fella too and he said if you can pass on your friends e-mail details he's pretty sure they can find some accomodation and get in touch?
I hope that helps lovey:) xxxxxx

I instantly phoned my soon-to-be-homeless-friend and told her the news. And as soon as I put the phone down lovely Lynda contacted me again saying that Kelly's bloke had probably found a place for my friend to stay at.

I am blessed with having the most amazing friends in all corners of the world. I really am. It is truely wonderful and today it really hit me how lucky I am.