Tuesday, September 1, 2009

so not nice

Yesterday I went to an advanced dance step up aerobics class. I've never been to one before.

During the warm up I managed to follow the choreography pretty easily, but as soon as the proper routine started I struggled. Don't get me wrong - I loved it and was smiling from ear to ear, but I couldn't quite grasp all the turns.

When we got to the end of the choreography I kind of gave up as all they seemed to do was turn, jump, twist and bend - all at the same time. So I did my own little steps and still really enjoyed myself.

The teacher saw me struggling and moved his step up board so that he was standing right in front of me, and during the whole routine he was showing me the steps. I really appreciated it, but still didn't take it so serious, but had a laugh about being crap, and tried to keep up with the instructor.

But then I noticed a couple of girls in the class. In their early twenties. Drop dead gorgeous and fit, and who obviously knew the routine inside out. They were pointing their fingers towards me and laughing!

I just lost all joy. I was there to exercise, to enjoy myself doing something I love (i.e. dancing), and some shitty little stuck up girls were making fun out of me. Well. Need I say I was offended, embarrassed and angry all at the same time?

I might go again next week, but I'm not quite sure yet. Why can't certain people just accept others and leave them alone, I wonder?