Tuesday, September 15, 2009

soup time

It's been a while since I wrote down some of my culinary concoctions. A while back my friend made this lovely lentil soup and I asked her to write the recipe down. I then lost the recipe (surprise surprise) but had a vauge idea of how she'd made it.

Here's my own modified version of her fabulous soup. Do give it a go - it is lovely!

1 chopped onion
4 thickly sliced carrots

fry the above in olive oil for a few minutes. Add water, a veg stock cube and some

chunks of broccoli

leave to boil until carrots are soft. Then use a blender/mixer to make it all mushy but still a little chunky.

1-2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 dl red lentils
1-2 tablespoons paprika
a dash or two of tabasco
salt
black coarse grounded pepper
cayennepepper or chilipowder

Add all the above and leave to boil for a good half an hour. Keep adding water if the soup turns into a stew.

Crumble up a big chunk of Feta Cheese into the soup just before serving. Yum yum. Enjoy!