Thursday, September 10, 2009

the future is bright

Yesterday, after having lunch with a friend, I had the most grown up meeting ever. I'm proud to say I had booked a meeting with my bank to discuss pension plans and other financial matters!

As I wasn't feeling to great with my cold and my snotty nose (and knowing people look petrified as soon as you sneeze, thinking you might have the swine flu) I was dreading the meeting even more than I would've otherwise, but it was a great meeting.

I learned more about the system of private/states owned and employer pension plans in an hour than I have in 34 years. Now it's not a scary fog. Now I actually get it! And the future doesn't look so bleak, after all. I'll survive on my well earned/saved cash when I retire (if I get to live that long, that is of course. If not I'll make some other needing person happy as I've opted to donate my pension to charity if I pop my clogs myself).

What a step into adulthood. I'm chocked but relieved.