Saturday, December 6, 2008

It all comes out in the wash

Sometimes I wish I could blog more openly and honestly about my job. Right now something has happened which makes me extremely happy and excited, but the risk of someone involved reading this makes it impossible to.

However, let me say I have been given a new burst of energy. I love my boss who is a pillar of encouragement and also a wonderful person. I love my job which gives me lots of freedom (and yes lots of responsibility, but I like that too), lots of challenges and an opportunity to meet lots of amazing, weird, funny and great people.

Sometimes I get home from work and am completely drained and feel like I've given so much without getting anything back. But then I recieve that little text message from a member of staff thanking me, or that greatful hug from a patient's parent... Or, like in this case, finally see a result from something I've been fighting towards for months on end.

It is all worth it in the end. It is.